I love this! But it's too laggy on the Wireless version

#1
by RemiFabre - opened

Hello,
Just discovered your app. This is very aligned with the "multimodal VAD" I've been dreaming of for ages now. I tested it and while it does work, it's way too laggy on my wireless unit. Do you have a Lite perhaps? Any angles you see to make this work on a Wireless unit?

Hi,

Thanks so much for trying it, and for the kind words. Really pleased it's close to what you've been picturing.

You're right about the Wireless. I only have a Reachy Mini lite here, so everything was tuned with the processing running on a host computer. On the Wireless it all runs on the robot's own board, which is almost certainly why it feels sluggish. Your message is the first real feedback I've had on that, so thank you. There isn't a Lite build yet, but there are a few things I could do. I do have a spare Pi somewhere I could do some tests with.

You could also look into the model used for face tracking in the daemon, to get a grasp of the calculation time (it works well on the CM4, with some margin)

Sign up or log in to comment